Band Camp Info 2017
Post date: Jul 25, 2017 4:15:15 PM
I hope that everyone has had a pleasant and enjoyable summer. This is a reminder that our first required event is Band Camp. Band camp is July 31st-August 4th and August 7th and 8th All band students (including flags) are required to attend this camp. Students should report to the band room on each day before 5 PM. We will rehearse each day from 5:00- 10:00 p.m. Percussion and color guard should report at 2 pm on 7/31 and 8/1. Dinner will be provided for those 2 groups on those 2 days. The purpose of this camp is to prepare the entire fall field show. This schedule also allows students who are involved in fall sports to attend both their athletic camps and Band Camp. The success of the fall season, as well as the individual students, is dependent upon attendance at this camp.
- Download, print and learn show music. Most of you have these already.Cut music and put it in your flip folio. For camp, you need the three Bruno Mars songs, the band warm up and the school song.
- Download drill charts. Assignments are posted in the Drill folder.I have copies for you on Monday.
- Watch this video to learn how to read drill charts or visit this page.
- Install Drillbook Next on your phone http://www.drillbooknext.com/ After you install, tap on the three dots in the upper left corner, scroll down to "Search for shows" and type in ATHS. The Bruno Mars Show should appear.
- Bookmark www.athsmusic.net This is the NEW Music Department website. We are no longer using athsband.net. All of the above materials are located on this new site. Just click on Band and then marching/pep band
- Make sure you are signed up to receive Reminders. Text @athssb to 81010 to get reminders about band.
You will need the following items on the first day of band camp:
- Your instrument in working order
- A flip folio and lyre
- The half time music. Do not come to camp without this music printed and prepared!!! Music can be downloaded at www.athsmusic.net
- Gyms shoes and sock. No Flip Flops or sandals!
- Insect Repellant
- Water bottle
- Your marching shoes or a check for $35 made out to "Addison Trail HS" for marching shoes.
- A positive attitude!!
- School schedule – All students should have 6th period lunch and band during period 4 or period 5. If this is not the case, contact me and I will request that 6th period sectional lunch be added to your schedule. Every effort has already been made to get everyone scheduled appropriately, but getting everyone the same lunch period is not guaranteed. Be patient but persistent as many times, schedules change with other students allowing more flexibility for your schedule. Provisions have been made for students who are unable to get period 6 lunch/sectionals.
Your first performance is on Friday, August 18th! Remember that band camp is a required event. This camp has been scheduled so that there are virtually no conflicts with sports camps or registration. However, if you have a conflict you should e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 630-458-4550, so that I can help you.
I have reviewed the athletic and club schedules, and there are very few conflicts with our performances. However, if a conflict arises or a family emergency occurs, please contact me as soon as possible, so we can resolve the conflict. Students who do not notify me in advance of conflicts may become unexcused for those performances. As always, work is not an excuse to miss a performance or rehearsal. Please keep in touch! See you on the 31st !
Check back here for updates. www.athsmusic.net