Summer Band and Band Camp Info
Post date: Jun 9, 2017 4:44:46 PM
UPDATE: Music for the field show can be downloaded below including music for the Independence day and Great America Performances.
Dear Addison Trail Band Parents and Students,
As the 2016-2017 school year comes to a close it is time to begin planning for the 2017-2018 school year. Playing a musical instrument is a skill that needs to be used consistently in order to maintain it. The Addison Trail Band is also expected to perform early and often next fall, so to prepare for that, we have developed the following activities.
Band Pre-camp 6/13, 6/15, 6/20, 6/22, 6/27 and 7/3 from 7 to 9 PM
We will have 6 rehearsals with the following goals:
1. To introduce new band students to the Addison Trail Band Program and develop the team atmosphere that is integral to its continued success
2. To learn music to be performed in the fall for field show events and parades
3. To learn basic marching skills.
4. Prepare for a parade performances (7/4 Bensenville and 7/6 Great America)
All students are expected to attend this pre-camp (Especially incoming freshmen!)
If you have a previous engagement or some other conflict on some of these dates, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our goal is to keep students engaged in making music while balancing time families have in the summer.
Band Camp – 7/31, 8/1-8/4 and 8/7, 8/8: 5 to 10 PM.
Band camp is the time when we prepare for our fall field shows in earnest. With the proper preparation and focus, we can prepare an outstanding show (the first performance is Friday, 8/18!) and get back into the classroom to make great music in September. This camp should have little or no conflict with athletics, and it is before registration week. Please arrange your student’s work schedule around these dates as work is not an acceptable excuse for missing educational activities.
On the evening of August 8, there will be a show preview performance at 7:30 PM. All parents are encouraged to attend this performance of the show in the stadium.
To keep up to date on band events, please take the following steps:
· Bookmark: http://www.athsmusic.net You may sign up to receive email alerts on that page if you are not already receiving them. There is a live calendar there that you can subscribe to keeping you up to date.
· Enroll in text message updates: text @athssb to 81010 for symphonic band and @athswe to 81010 for wind ensemble. Both bands receive marching band updates.
· Like ATHS Music on facebook at www.facebook.com/athsmusic
· Follow ATHS Band on twitter @athsband